In the business world, appearances are everything, especially when it comes to a commercial property. A day porter is an individual who takes care of the details necessary to keep up appearances.
This individual works in the background—cleaning spills, stocking supplies, and more—to make a building or office safer, cleaner, and more comfortable for clients and guests. Day porter services provide businesses with a high level of care that promote a priceless positive image.
Benefits of Day Porter Services
- Improve productivity: Having a dedicated individual perform simple yet important tasks, such as taking out the trash and restocking hand towels, decreases distractions and allows your employees to focus on what they do best.
- Cost savings: A day porter’s duties include cleaning and maintenance tasks. When you have an individual already doing this during the day, you reduce your dependence on more costly overnight cleaning crews.
- Immediate action: When there are large spills, messes, or new stains on carpeting, a day porter addresses these and other concerns right away. The services reduce safety risks, minimize interruptions and get operations back up to speed quickly.
- Liaison services: If your company hires a cleaning crew or maintenance workers for larger jobs, such as carpet cleaning or landscaping, a day porter will act as a liaison between you and these professionals. Because the day porter will know your company’s needs on a more personal level, you won’t have to supervise the work that contractors perform.
- Get exactly what you need: When you hire a day porter, your company will receive custom services based on its needs. Because of the detailed attention that you’ll receive in the areas that you specify, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing that you’ll never have to ask twice for the services that you desire.
- Variety of services: A day porter is more than a janitor or handyman. Their multifaceted duties include, but aren’t limited to:
- Inspecting, cleaning, and disinfecting all areas of a restroom
- Cleaning, mopping, and polishing floors
- Keeping lobbies, reception areas, lunch rooms, offices, hallways, and other high-traffic areas clean
- Cleaning appliances, such as microwaves and coffee makers, in various work areas
- Sanitizing surfaces
- Washing windows and cleaning blinds
- Daily housekeeping tasks, such as emptying trash cans and replacing trash can liners
- Cleaning spills
- Drying wet floors
- Changing HVAC filters
- Picking up litter in a parking lot and removing debris from sidewalks
- Removing snow and ice from hardscaping
- Event set up
- Post-event clean up
- Coffee services
- Watering and dusting indoor plants
- Cleaning and disinfecting elevators
- Graffiti removal
- Replenishing paper products
- Placing orders for supplies
- Basic building maintenance
Day porters make it effortless to keep up professional appearances.
While it is possible to hire an individual to provide day porter services, keep in mind that your organization will be responsible for the professional’s training, insurance, payroll and benefits. In addition, if the individual calls in sick or has time-off, your organization and building might not receive the attention they need.
A better, more cost-effective solution is to hire a cleaning company that provides day porter services, like CleanSolution. The cleaning company assumes the employee-related overhead costs and always has a backup ready to step in if your regular day porter is not available. Contact Cleansolution to learn more about how our day porter services will keep your commercial space in top shape every day of the year.