The carpet in your building is often the first thing people notice, and it can say a lot about how you run your business. Cleaning commercial carpets, however, requires having a few facts on hand and thinking through the needs of your business. After all, carpet cleaning isn’t just about looks, it’s also about the health of the people within your building and prolonging the carpet’s life.
If you’re considering hiring a commercial carpet cleaning service, it’s important to know the answers to the following questions in order to get the best service for your needs.
What to Know before Hiring a Commercial Carpet Cleaning Service
1. What type of carpeting is in the building?
The answer to this seemingly simple question is crucial. There are over a dozen different types of carpeting made with just as many types of fibers.
If you know the answer to this question, you will be able to provide a carpet cleaning service with information that can help them determine how to approach the cleaning process. Here’s a quick tip when searching for a quality commercial cleaning service – it’s important to look for a company that doesn’t limit itself to one cleaning method or system. A high-quality service should provide custom services based on the type of carpeting and your cleaning objectives.
2. What does the carpeting manufacturer recommend?
Following the manufacturer’s recommendations about how to clean the carpeting ensures fantastic results. And, if the carpeting is newer, following the recommendations also keeps warranties intact. It’s a win-win for everyone.
You’ll find the manufacture’s recommendations with the paperwork that came with the carpeting installation or the company that sold the carpeting can also provide it. If you can’t find this information, no worries – a reputable cleaning service should be able to help identify the best way to clean the carpet.
3. How dirty is the carpet?
How long has it been since the carpet was last cleaned? What’s the traffic like in your building? These questions can help the professionals determine what the cleaning process will entail.
In general, there are three levels of cleaning: routine, interim and restorative. Routine cleaning maintains a carpet’s fantastic appearance and includes prompt spot removal. Interim cleaning is often what commercial cleaning services use between restorative cleaning processes to maintain a carpet’s surface appearance. Restorative cleaning is a deep cleaning process that removes deep-down dirt and grime.
4. How fast does the carpeting dry?
Some types of carpeting fibers hold moisture longer. The weather, relative humidity levels and other factors also affect how quickly carpets dry. Since too much down time is bad for business, good commercial cleaning services use the most effective cleaning system that poses the least impact to your operations.
5. Which cleaning solutions do you prefer?
With people spending most of their time indoors, commercial carpet cleaning should promote a healthy indoor environment. The best cleaning solutions don’t replace dirt and stains with toxic chemicals, they tackle tough jobs without polluting the air or environment. We think you’ll agree everyone deserves to walk on clean, healthy carpets.
Cleaning Commercial Carpets: When and How Often
At Cleansolution Services, we believe that it’s more efficient and cost-effective to clean carpets regularly. That way, we can help prevent the accumulation of dust and dirt, while keeping mold and mildew from entering the fibers of your carpet. The when and how largely depends on the:
- Type of business you run: Carpets are magnets for dirt, oil, pollen, mold and other debris. If you must maintain strict sanitary conditions on your property you might need professional carpet cleaning more often than other types of businesses.
- Amount of foot traffic: Carpets that receive a lot of traffic get dirtier faster. In these instances, bi-monthly or quarterly deep cleaning—combined with routine and interim cleaning—is a good idea. If you work in a quiet office with one or two people, your carpet might only require a restorative cleaning once or twice a year.
- Climate: The weather and your location make a difference in how often the carpet needs cleaning. Factors like heavy rain, excess dust, and road salt affect the carpeting every time someone walks through the door.
- Carpet’s style, quality, and color: Some types of carpet require extra cleaning because of their fiber type or construction. The same goes for lighter-colored carpeting and older floor coverings.
Don’t let your carpet leave visitors with a bad first impression. Get the help you need from a service partner who specializes in cleaning commercial carpets, and never worry about your carpeting again! Let Cleansolution Services make that happen. Contact us today to learn more.