Outsourcing Janitorial vs Keeping In-House Cleaning Services
One of the most common reasons for outsourcing janitorial work is the money that could be saved, but there is more to it than money. You can’t put a price on the stress and worry of cleaning issues.
5 reasons why outsourcing your janitorial work to a cleaning company will be the better choice:
- Cost effective. A cleaning company can do more in less time and they will be responsible for equipment and other consumables like paper towels and toilet paper.
- Responsive. A cleaning company will be there should any issues arise.
- Experience. The crew will have the know how and equipment. Expertise can be in industry specific like healthcare or in green cleaning.
- Transfer management of cleaning issues, so you don’t have to worry
- Transfer liability and insurance costs to your cleaning company.
If you’re only considering cost, here’s a simple breakdown of the benefits outsourcing janitorial work offers:
- Equipment. You will have to purchase and maintain.
- Cleaning supplies. You will have to purchase. A cleaning company can purchase on volume and has the expertise to choose the best.
- Refillable goods like toilet paper, paper towels and hand soap. Again a cleaning company will be able to get these cheaper in volume. A cleaning company can get green supplies as well.
- Labor costs. If you retain in house staff, you will have to concern yourself with payroll taxes, benefits, and vacation and sick days. By hiring a cleaning company, you leave the manage staff for you and provide labor on time and as needed.