You know that the cleaning practices used in your building have an impact on your health and building environment. But is your janitorial service green? How can you know if your cleaning company is using progressive cleaning practices? Are there any standards?
The answer is yes! The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has made a rating system as part of their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design program (LEED). The rating system is used for new and existing buildings. LEED-EB (Existing Building) is the rating system for existing buildings.
A building must be awarded points in a variety of categories, including green cleaning, to be LEED certified. Hiring a janitorial services provider that follows USGBC cleaning standards will validate you are using a genuine green cleaning program. It is easy to get green points with a green cleaning provider like Cleansolution. You can save money, too!
We can help you with LEED-EB green cleaning credits by providing:
- Green site and Building Exterior Management. We’ll clean and maintain your building’s exterior.
- Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials. We can source green cleaning materials, products, janitorial products, and trash bags.
- Entryway Green Cleaning. We’ll focus on entryways to reduce the amount of dirt, dust and pollen that enters the building.
- Isolating the Janitorial Closet. We’ll work with your team to use partitions and control air circulation around cleaning storage and disposal stations.
- Green Cleaning Policy. We’ll help you write a comprehensive green cleaning policy.
Cleansolution uses only green products and methods. We follow LEED green cleaning standards with most of our clients. It does not matter if your building is using the LEED standards or not. We do this at no extra cost to you.
The green LEED cleaning standards is our standard. It’s how we clean, how we store and transport our materials, and how we dilute our green chemicals. There are many ways a janitorial services company can help with the LEED process. At Cleansolution, we continually update how we provide cleaning services to meet LEED standards. So if you are looking to adopt green cleaning policies, contact us to learn more.
We will assess your current situation, perform a free simple audit and develop a comprehensive plan that fits your budget needs. When you’re asked “Is your janitorial service green?” we’ll make sure you can say “Yes” with complete confidence.