Why should you be concerned about poor indoor air pollution in your work place?
Indoor pollution has a significant impact on health.
The bad health effects are known as “Sick Building Syndrome” (SBS). Occupants experience acute health and comfort effects linked to time spent in a building, but no specific illness or cause can be identified. A 1984 World Health Organization report suggested up to 30% of new and remodeled buildings worldwide may be subject of complaints related to poor indoor air quality.
Sick building symptoms can range from a variety of ailments.
Short term effects include irritation to the eyes, nose and throat, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Long term effects show up years after exposure and at worst include such ailments as respiratory diseases and perhaps heart disease and cancer. There is considerable uncertainty about chemical concentrations and exposure time as all people react differently, but it is best to limit contributing causes of sick building.
Office workers and the like spend 40 hours a week or more in these enclosed spaces so it is important that the indoor environment is clean for the health of its occupants. Healthy workers are productive workers and affect the bottom line.
Indoor air pollution is caused by the following indoor pollution sources:
- Janitorial Cleaning products- Toxic chemicals, vacuums, equipment and supplies
- Combustion sources – like oil, gas, wood, coal
- Building materials and furnishings – asbestos, wet/damp carpets, and mold!
- Central heating and cooling systems – not properly ventilated, dirty filters, or contributors to spreading pollution
- Outdoor pollution that gets in and not properly removed. A significant amount can be removed by janitorial and cleaning companies.
How we help you prevent sick building syndrome:
- We only use non-toxic products. They will not contribute to more indoor pollution.
- We do not use volatile organic compounds (VOCs). You can be assured that the surfaces you touch from common area counters, tables, desks and carpets will not have toxic chemicals.
- Our cleaning methods eliminate or drastically reduce the chances of biological viruses such as bacteria, viruses, and mold.
- We transport and store our “green” chemicals safely and in an organized matter.
- We color code our cleaners for different duties.
- We color code our micro fiber cleaning cloths so what is used in the bathroom is not contaminated with what is used in the office or common areas.
- We use vacuums regularly with filters that retain 99% + of all particles, meaning less micro debris to breathe in or spread around.
These are just some of the ways that Cleansolution can give you a clean environment inside. Contact Cleansolution today to see how our green methods can provide you with a healthy building and never have to worry about contributing to “Sick Building Syndrome” from your cleaning provider.